Call Karlie
4ever Photography
4everphotographybykarlie.blogspot.com
435-764-7283

Friday, January 27, 2012

Family pics and a little update









Our month of December was really crazy, I'm always really good about sending out Christmas cards by the beginning of the month ever since the first year Eric and I got married. So much for that this year, I ended up sending a few out to grandparents and a few friends and think I actually stuck them in the mailbox Christmas eve. How great is that. Well here is a few from Christmas, pre-surgery. Back when I could hold my kids and walk down the street without feeling like I just ran a marathon. I'm doing a little better each day and some days I can see the light and the end of the tunnel. My cut is taking way to long to heal and I even started doing a laser treatment at my Chiropractor that is supposed to speed the healing process up. So cross your fingers that it heals fast and doesn't reopen anymore. I can already tell a big difference in my body and have to get used to not having a stomach ache almost everyday. I can tell all this pain is going to be worth it. My surgeon is so great, he said when he got in there my large intestine was twisted so bad that it looked like a pretzel. He thought he would be able to use my old scar from 9 years ago, which is like a c-section scar but realizing how bad it was in there he ended up cutting me from the bottom of my stomach to about 2 inches above my belly button. So when I woke up from surgery I was surprised to find a huge bandage on my stomach. It's been 18 days and today was my first day to have enough energy to walk to the neighbors. I'm really struggling with my energy and feeling nauseous all the time. Each day is a new day and I hope I continue to get better each day so I can take care of my family.
Thanks to these two people who have helped in ways we will never be able to repay. We love them so much and how selfless they are. My children are so blessed to have such wonderful grandparents.

3 comments:

Nicole Moultrie said...

Isnt it so crapy feeling so depleated and weak?! I'm so sorry, and try not to be too hard on yourself ok? I know its hard being the mom and all, but everything will somehow get done. I'm glad everything went well, LOVE the pics!!

Lindsey said...

I love the pictures! What an adorable family.

Sarah said...

You are a beautiful family--and so fun to see a pic of Mom and Dad! The last thing you need to be worried about right now is Christmas cards. I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time healing. I am glad you're body is working better though. We are very excited to come out there and see you all this summer!!!